Monday, May 18, 2009

The incredible lightness of being

I admit. I love reading fmylife because after reading all the loserly events that occur to other unfortunate souls, hey, our life doesn't seem to suck so badly. One word: SCHADENFREUDE.

Let me have a go.

I was on the train home today when I noticed this adorable nus med school student (med text on lap.. ooh a looker and smart!) was smiling at me. Of course, doing the natural thing I smiled back, only to realise that she was sharing a joke with her friend over the phone just that her earpiece was obscured by her long hair. FML.

(based on a true story, but well the truth usually isn't as noteworthy)

1 comment:

  1. I remember this story on Oprah-

    A girl notices a cute guy starting straight at her on the train... She smiles back at him and he continues staring. But then he gets up and whips out his blind man's cane...

    Heh, the comedy of life.

    ReplyDelete