Sunday, August 1, 2010

Defiance

Over the weekend i read some articles in various magazines about chasing dreams, entrepreneurs quitting their lawyering/finance/corporate life to pursue what they feel strongly in life. I thought to myself, what happened for my passion for lomography, my obsession with the aviation industry, my love for music? Smothered. Work and family/friends have become so all-consuming that some days (or rather, early mornings after midnight) the only thing I look forward to is the bed I sleep in. Yes, everything is a choice, and I chose many moons ago to do this, but time and again I have to remind myself why I am here doing this when i can be anywhere else in the world doing what I love. No grudges, just an undeniable need to justify, mostly to myself, that this is worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Err, looks like your blog is quite popular with strangers?

    ReplyDelete